Peter LaBarbera is seeing the writing on the wall. He is having a fit because more and more people are realizing that you can’t and shouldn’t attack gays and lesbians just because one side believes that it is a sin. Not everyone believes the same thing and certainly one side shouldn’t persecute another just based on religious beliefs. Peter LaBarbera doesn’t understand this though. He wants people to fight, fight, fight. And how? by "explaining, in Christian love in line with Biblical truth":
We must reject such defeatism and get back to the basics of why we are in this fight — explaining, in Christian love in line with Biblical truth:
- WHY homosexual behavior is always wrong, and often dangerous;
- WHY homosexual relationships — even those rare long-term, truly monogamous ones — are immoral, disordered, against God, and harmful to children (”gay adoption”);
- WHY it is public-policy madness to grant civil rights status based on changeable sexual behavior and gender identity disorders;
- WHY corporations should get out of the business of promoting ALL extra-marital relationships;
- WHY homosexualism is not “gay” but destructive to children; and
- HOW “sexual orientation” laws are fundamentally incompatible with religious and moral freedom.
Let’s look at his bullet list. Where is it in in the Bible that talks about homosexuality and being dangerous? Where in the Bible does it talk about gay adoption and how it is harmful to children? Where does the Bible talk about the public policy of the U.S. in terms of gender issues? Where does the Bible talk about businesses and promoting (or not promoting) marriage? Where does the Bible talk about ‘homosexualism’ and it supposed danger to children?
Well, my guess is that Peter can make up a bunch of stuff about this–since it is pretty easy to look at some Biblical verses and make up what you want. And I’ve said this again, has Peter Labarbera had a conversion lately? He talks more and more about God. It appears he understands that he can make a bit more money by lying to people and using religion to do it.
And if you think I am wrong–look what he wrote at the end of his latest post:
The Homosexual Lobby Has Lots of $$$$, but AFTAH Needs Your Help!
How come the forces FOR homosexuality are bolder than those opposing their immoral agenda? Help us defend your liberties — and the next generation — by regularly praying for and financially supporting Americans For Truth. To make a donation online to Americans For Truth, click on our online donation page (you can use PayPal or your own credit card): http://www.americansfortruth.com/donate.
We are grateful for those of you who have signed up as monthly “Truth Team” givers by pledging a donation on of at least $20/month to AFTAH. We think this is a good investment in your children’s and their children’s future!
Our goal is to sign up 1,000 monthly AFTAH ‘Truth Team’ givers to put us on healthy financial footing.
You can also send your tax-deductible donation via regular mail to:
So Peter wants 1,000 people to send him $20 a month! What on earth would that guy do with $20,000 a month? Well, I’m sure he has read how Stephen Bennett has been living the high life off his ‘non-profit’…If anything, this would be an investment in his own hateful lifestyle.
I also see something on his little hatesite that makes me very happy. LaBarbera spends quite a bit of time trying to get his readers to call democratic politicians to complain or makes comments about campaign issues. This is against what a non-profit is supposed to do (they can do a little). I wrote the IRS about this and sent them numerous examples of how his non-profit hatesite was getting involved in the political process.
Back in Oct 2007 he put up a new campaign policy:
Americans For Truth has adopted the following Political Campaign Policy:
- In accordance with its Articles of Incorporation, the Corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- The Corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by a corporation exempt from Federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue Law) or (b) by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue Law).
- The Corporation shall not endorse or oppose either directly or indirectly any candidate for public office.
- The Corporation shall not donate corporate funds to a candidate’s campaign or participate in or engage in political fund raising events or otherwise soliciting contributions on behalf of a candidate for public office.
- The Corporation shall not distribute statements for or against a particular candidate for public office.
- The Corporation shall not engage in any activity that favors or opposes a candidate for public office.
Board of Directors, Americans For Truth About Homosexuality
October 15, 2007
One wonders how this promise accords with him going to give a speech in support of Sally Kerns? Did he use his non-profit money to pay for his trip and hotel and food to give support to a politician? I think this might be a good thing for the IRS to look into…